The Library can be found at the Church of St. Magnus the Martyr, Lower Thames Street, London EC3 6DN. Opening times: Saturdays from 2pm to 6pm, (except those which fall on bank holidays – Christmas & the New Year.)
The Library is of most use to those who have already researched their family back to 1850 or so.
As the Society is run entirely by volunteers, no research can be offered
The Library holds a good collection of:
* Printed, typescript or manuscript family histories, memoirs & pedigrees
* County and town directories
* County, town, diocesan and parochial histories
* Monumental inscriptions in Ireland and elsewhere for people of Irish descent
* Transcripts or abstracts of Wills and administrations
* Journals of genealogical interest
* Reports of the Keeper of the Public Records in Ireland 1882-1936
* Card indexes and microfiche collections to Irish births, marriages & deaths taken from 18th and 18th Century provincial Irish newspapers
Photocopying from books and manuscripts held by the Irish Genealogical Research Society is only allowed providing that the material will not be republished in any form, either printed or electronic, without the express written permission of the Society. Under copyright laws, you are allowed to photocopy up to 5% of a work or one chapter of a printed book, but not allowed to republish or post on the Internet without the permission of the author of the book or article or owner of manuscript material. Copyright of material does not end with the death of the author, but remains with their heirs for 70 years after death.
Scanning of any Library material is not allowed.